What Happens If I Pay Someone To Help Me After A Motor Vehicle Accident?

Motor Vehicle Accidents - Question 11
Under the Ontario Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS), you are entitled to receive payments for housekeeping and home maintenance. Ordinarily, the maximum allowable amount for these services combined is $100 per week. To qualify, an Occupational Therapist (OT) must come and assess your needs and the amount of time you require assistance. Following this assessment, you may hire someone to help you with these tasks. Housekeeping and home maintenance are considered separately from your personal care (such as bathing) or care for young children. If the OT finds that you need more help than the $100 limit allows, then you can apply for extra help if you include it under the heading special damages in your claim, against the at fault parties.

We’re here to support you during this difficult time

How can we help?