Can Social Workers Or Counsellors Assist With My LTD Claim Like A Lawyer?

Disability Benefits - Question 62
A social worker or counsellor is free to correspond on your behalf, with your consent, to an insurance company. However, they are not able to assist you in suing an insurance company for your benefits. In our experience insurance companies will not take your claim or appeal seriously unless you commence legal action. Other than commencing a legal action yourself, you must otherwise retain a lawyer. Your rights are better protected with experienced counsel who can achieve the best result in Court, or often with a timely negotiated settlement.

We’re here to support you during this difficult time

How can we help?