Did you know that people who suffer from chronic pain are more likely to experience depression?
Mental and physical pain are inextricably linked. Depression often presents itself in a myriad of ways, but those suffering most notably experience:
• A constant mood that is depressed, sad, blue, hopeless, low, or irritable
• Crying spells
• Poor appetite or significant weight loss or increased appetite or weight gain
• Issues with hypersomnia (too much sleep) or hyposomnia (too little sleep)
• Feeling agitated or restless, or alternatively, lethargic or sluggish
• Little to no pleasure in activities you were once interested in
• Feelings of worthlessness and/or guilt
• Problems with concentration or memory
• Thoughts of death or suicide
Many people suffering from pain focus their time and attention on their disabilities and physical care. But it’s also important to monitor mental health, which can be just as debilitating as a physical ailment.
If you are experiencing depression, knowing that you are not alone is important.
You do not need to suffer in silence and you can take steps to prevent and treat anxiety and depression:
• Share the details: Talk with your healthcare professional about your symptoms.
• Find support: Discuss your pain with others to prevent feelings of isolation.
• Reach out: Look into available therapies such as psychiatry, counselling, or support groups.
• Identify stress: Know your situations or triggers that can cause depression and anxiety.
• Keep a diary: Tracking your feelings can pinpoint the specific causes of your depression.
• Get moving: Although you might have a physical condition that causes you pain, it’s proven that exercise and movement can significantly help with pain management and depression.
• Go easy on yourself: It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by both physical and emotional pain, but remember you are entitled to get the help you deserve and you don’t need to suffer alone.
If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts and it’s an emergency, dial 911. If you need support, use resources like The LifeLine Canada Foundation or Suicide Prevention. Someone is available 24 hours a day to talk to.
Has your long term disability claim been denied?Contact Share Lawyers and put our experience to work for you. We offer free consultations and there are no fees unless we win your case.Find out if you have a disability case.
We have recently settled cases against SSQ, Manulife, Sun Life, Great West Life, and many more. We love hearing feedback from our clients, so please share your own experience with us.
Denied your long term disability claim?
Contact Share Lawyers today and put our experience to work for you. Our 35+ years of experience can help you win your case against Canada Life, Desjardins, Manulife, RBC Insurance, Sun Life, and other insurance companies. We offer free consultations and there are no fees unless you win your case. Join us on Facebook and become a Top Fan for a chance to win each month.
A note from our long term disability lawyers
Taking a medical leave from work is not an easy decision to make. Concerns about providing for yourself and your family and keeping your job may cause you to want to push through your pain, but this won’t make your problems go away. Stopping work is often the smartest decision for your long term health and well-being, and your disability benefits are there to provide you with financial support until you can return to work.
If you have made the tough decision to stop working and apply for your short term disability or long term disability benefits, you may feel overwhelmed by the process and have questions that your employer and your insurance company are not able or willing to answer. Share is There to see you through and answer your questions.
Our Disability law firm knows what you have been going through
We understand that things have not been easy for you over the last little while. Your health has been suffering, you are unable to work, and now your insurance company, who was supposed to be there in your time of need, has decided they will not pay your disability benefits or respect your disability claim. These benefits exist to provide you with the financial support you need so that you can focus on your health and rebuilding your life. It is unfortunate that your insurance company has not lived up to its promise. If your disability claim has been denied, we will fight to get you the benefits you are entitled to. Our disability lawyers have helped thousands of Canadians get their long term disability benefits over the past 35 years, and we can help you too.
Our experienced disability lawyers can fight back on your behalf
Share Lawyers believes that every client who is dealing with a disability claim deserves superior personal service. To achieve that goal, we have developed our team of experienced, compassionate, and caring long term disability lawyers, law clerks, and administrative staff to meet all of your needs. Our team of experienced long term disability, life insurance, employment, and critical illness insurance lawyers have made successful claims against many insurance companies, third-party administrators and employers.
If you are unable to work, your disability benefits should be there to provide you with the financial support you need. While your insurance company may be focused on finding ways to avoid paying your claim, our focus is on what is in your best interest. When Share Lawyers gets involved, you have an entire team of lawyers that are there to support you and to fight for what is yours.
Our disability claim lawyers fight for your disability insurance claim by relying on our many years of experience to apply the best strategic planning and approach in each case, using the latest technology available. Experience matters, and with Share Lawyers, you are in the best hands with 35 years of success on your side.
In this video, we explain the role of a long term disability lawyer and how we can support you when you have been denied your long term disability benefits.