If you are an IT professional covered for disability benefits under Sun Life and your claim for long term disability benefits has been denied, here are a few things that you might find helpful:
- The fact that your claim has been denied does not mean that you should not pursue your claim
- Share Lawyers has taken on many of these claims and succeeded in recovering fair settlements of these claims
Sun Life is one of the largest insurance companies in Canada. However, we have seen many claims over the years denied for many different reasons.
Reasons Sun Life Claims Have Been Denied
- They are not satisfied with the medical evidence and do not believe it provides sufficient proof of a disabling medical condition
- They state that you are not receiving appropriate medical treatment or care
- After you have received LTD benefits for a period of time (usually around 24 months), the definition of disability changes and they believe you can work in “any occupation”
- They say they have information that suggests that you are not as disabled as you and your doctors have told them.
If you know you aren’t well enough to work and your doctors are supportive in you staying off work, you should not give up. You should contact Share Lawyers so that we can assess your chances of successfully challenging Sun Life’s decision to deny your claim.
In most cases we are able to arrange a settlement meeting or mediation so that a fair settlement of your claim can be reached.
Has your long-term disability claim been denied? Contact Share Lawyers and put our experience to work for you. We offer free consultations and there are no fees unless we win your case. Find out if you have a disability case.
We have recently settled cases against Standard Life, Desjardins, Manulife, RBC Insurance, Sun Life, and much more. We love hearing feedback from our clients, so please share your own experience with us.